|1988 photo, Kerr County Historical Commission collection|
In 1920, Robert B. Knox bought this lot from the Protestant Episcopal Church of Kerrville. The Episcopal Church had been given a chunk of land by Capt. Tivy. They sold off several lots they didn't need, including this one.
Knox then built this house and lived here with wife Mabel and daughter Kate before moving to Austin in the early 1930s. In 1944 they sold it to Efis and Lucy LeBlanc. The LeBlancs had lived in the house for a number of years as renters before purchasing it. They were living here in 1936 when a fire consumed a garage behind the house. The house was undamaged.