Legion Heights was opened October 1945. It was a section of 43 lots, 24.56 acres, belonging to O. W. Goss, and lying east of downtown Kerrville.
The first two records of a sale was from O. W. Goss and wife to Thos. Dean Teague and wife (Bertha), lots 13, 14, and 15, and O. W. Goss and wife (Bessie) to H. C. Pope, lots 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21.
Goss Street is the primary road.
In January 1949 there was an effort to annex this and several other neighborhoods east of downtown. When put to a vote, the annexation failed.
One of the benefits of annexation was to be connection to city water. Even though the election had failed, in July of that year the county commissioners granted permission to the City of Kerrville to lay water mains in Oak Park and Legion Heights, so they got city water anyway.
After this there is very little additional news from Legion Heights.
To learn about other subdivisions in Kerrville go here.