In June 1951 Theodore and Irene Goldman bought the first lot, lot 6, in Guadalupe Heights.
In July 1962, the community residents organized the Guadalupe Heights Club. Its purpose was to promote friendships of the residents of the area. The first officers were S.M. Udden, President; Warren Stout, First Vice-President; Ted Goldman, Second Vice-President; Secretary, Mrs. Ann Fleece. The first meeting, a covered dish suppper, was held at the Ace Ranch-O-Tel. [ACE, by the way, comes from A.C.Ervin.]
In January 1963 rural mail service was extended to the neighborhood. By 1964 First Baptist Church had a mission church there, known first as Guadalupe Heights Mission and later as Laurel Way Mission.
In April 1965 the Great Texas Land Company purchased all remaining lots and land in the neighborhood with the intention of immediately selling and developing it. The part of the neighborhood along the highway was put to commercial use. At this time Darwin Instrument Factory purchased the large commercial building on the highway to manufacture and assemble flight and engine instruments for Mooney Aircraft. (It was offered for sale about four years later.)
Additionally, the April 21, 1965 Kerrville Mountain Sun reported
J.D. Brance of Hunt and Houston has purchased the water works and will install storage tanks, large mains and auxiliary pumps, and has pledged to furnish each customer all the water they can use and to maintain adequate pressure all of the time. It will be comparable to that of City of Kerrville.At this point 87 homes had been constructed,. All lots had electricity, water (although apparently inadequate for demand), and phone, and were being piped for natural gas.
This subdivision was in the news in 2015 and 2016 with the fight over the annexation of the Martin Marietta quarry which the community abuts.
To learn about other subdivisions in Kerr County go here.