They were married June 9, 1912 and owned this home for the rest of their lives. W. G. Garrett, Jr. died in 1965 and Mary in 1981. They are buried at Glen Rest Cemetery.
William G. Garrett, Jr. was a brother of Earl Garrett for whom the street is named.
Today it houses BCFS Health and Human Services.
UPDATE: On January 22, 2016, this home was demolished by the Cailloux Foundation who were the new owners.